Honey, did you break all my jazz cassettes?
- Title: Honey, did you break all my jazz cassettes?
- Artist: Bootleg Unit
- Label: FMR records
- Format: CD
- Genres: Experimental, Avant Garde, Improvisation, Noise
- Price: €18,00EU (incl. 19% VAT)€15,13non-EU
"Bootleg Unit is a trio that blends the tradition of freejazz and electroacoustic sonic possibilities of tape loops. The combination of acoustic instruments and tape recorders, using loop tapes and live sampling, creates a music made of sharp cuts, weird grooves and broken loops. Surprising sounds comes from prepared drums and birdy saxophone patterns. Suddenly, it looks like there is a full horn section or a ghost epileptic drummer coming from nowhere. The space is constantly moving so the ear and the mind are chalenged at any given moment; will you find out where the sounds come from? Or will you accept to loose yourself in the clusters of sound illusions?
First Bootleg Unit album Honey, did you break all my jazz cassettes? is released for FMR Records UK."
Bootleg Unit are: Jaka Berger – prepared drums; Colin Petit – Revox tape machines;Jure Boršič – alto saxophon. Recorded in Radio Študent Ljubljana studio.Recorded, mixed and mastered by Jure Gruden. Artwork by Brgs. Released February 13, 2020
1. Blind Of Cue (Miles De Vice) 08:25
2. Not Ornette (Or Not Coleman) 13:43
3. All The Things You Never Will Be 14:38
4. Did You Really Expect Bossanova 04:45