Music From Yemen Arabia: Sanaani, Laheji, Adeni
- Title: Music From Yemen Arabia: Sanaani, Laheji, Adeni
- Artist: Various Artists
- Label: Sub Rosa
- Format: 2×CD
- Genres: 1970's, Compilation, Field Recordings, Acoustic, Percussion, Folk, Traditional Music, Misc Asia & Middle East
- Price: €14,50EU (incl. 19% VAT)€12,18non-EU
Back in stock!
"These songs originate from the city of Sanaa, the sheikdom of Lahej and the port of Aden. Samar is the delicious, luxury time when people gather for relaxation, refreshment and music.
This record contains oudh playing, percussion and singing from Yemen. The three Kawkabani brothers sing traditional poems and play oudh (lute), double drums, tambourine and, occasionally, the kanoun (zither). They were recorded in Sanaa in 1973. The oudh player Hassan al Zabeede and his double drum playing brother sing songs in the Lahej style and were recorded in Taez in 1973."
CD1 Sanaani, Laheji, Adeni
1. Kawkabani Brothers You Said That You Would Forget Me
2. Kawkabani Brothers Wa Seed Ana Lak Al Khodam
3. Hassan Al Zabeede* Ana Mush Areemak
4. Hassan Al Zabeede* Tabal Samar
5. The Kawkabanis* Wa Mogarred Bi Wadi Aldoore
6. Saad Al Kawkabani* Ya Sabooh Al Enab
1. Hassan Zubeede* Leish Teguib
2. The Three Kawkabani Brothers* Al Sabah
3. Hassan Zubeede* Keef Faiah
4. Mohammed Abdul*, Saad Kawkabani* 'A'Zaffer Sanaa Wedding Song